How digital transformation of your bus fleet – using IoT and AI – can boost passenger journeys
LIT Transit – a global transit technology provider – has helped more than 110 transit companies with their digital transformation.
In this presentation, Ursa Hribernik – Head of Mobility at LIT Transit – shares the top 15 measures they have helped their customers to put in place to boost passenger journeys.
Tip 1: Improve service quality by concisely monitoring operations and acting accordingly
- Live performance dashboard provides real-time insight into overall fleet service execution
- Geospatial visualization of schedule adherence along the route aids planning and real-time adjustments
- Monitor headway adherence on dynamic linetrack infographic with alerts for bunching and gapping
- Map replay for a specified location or specified vehicles along the route over a defined time period
- Integrate real-time occupancy information from on board passenger counters
Tip 2: Increase passenger satisfaction with accurate and reliable journey time predictions
“Waiting for public transport services is one of the most important factors deteriorating public transport customer satisfaction.”
- AI-based plug and play journey time prediction engine can improve ETA accuracy and stability
- Provide consistent arrival, departure and travel times across all information channels
- Accurate journey time predictions enable passengers to plan their journey more efficiently
- Enables swift connections between on-demand and new mobility services that link to public transport
- Reliable data helps operators and authorities to better plan services
Tip 3: Build passenger trust with transparent real-time updates
- A multichannel approach linked to new mobility services for first- and last-mile connections
- Fully integrated passenger information system covering all stages of the passenger journey
- Journey planner with real-time arrivals and push notifications with live updates
- Share vehicle occupancy data so passengers can determine if there is space available
- Low-energy e-paper Papercast bus stop displays for live updates across the network
Watch the presentation for further information or contact us for a consultation or demo.